How to Run an Economics in the Gospels Video Class
All you need to know is how to Play and Pause the videos - and share on Zoom.
Class times run about an hour and a half each. The video run times average around 30-45 minutes each, but the classes are usually about 30 minutes longer to allow for readings of the gospel passages during the class, with students taking turns.
#1 - Find the class you want on the Video Course page and click on the video's link
(you'll need the password provided at registration).
#2 - PLAY the video and follow along.
#3 - PAUSE the video to read the gospel passages and take time to discuss what was just covered.
#4 - Go on to the next word (highlighted in blue).
#5 - Repeat!
The course has several intuitive features that make using it easy.
- Each Chapter is heralded by a bold graphic announcing chapters in the order of the study.
- The narration in the study can be read along with the study/book. Students can choose to get a copy of the study on Amazon or they can just follow along by watching the video online or following the blog excerpts on their phones or other device.
- Every word/phrase featured in the study is highlighted in blue in the video so that everyone can follow along.
- All the corresponding Gospel passages are displayed for students to read from. A 15-second countdown clock is displayed so that it is clear when the commentary will begin again so there is no guessing or counting necessary. For extra-long passages (like the parables) the video can be paused to allow adequate time for reading and discussion before moving on. Each class moves at its own pace. You'll get used to it quickly.
- Additional Q&A from the Ladies of St. Luke come next if there were any.
- Instructor Steve Richards typically sums things up before heading for the next topic.